Wednesday 24 November 2010

Dynamic Image: A New Idea.

So I'm still thinking the drawing idea may be too boring. I really liked the leaves video and the idea of working with paper may make the animation slightly more interesting. So I was thinking about origami but in the time we don't have and the amount of projects we do, I don't want to get bogged down with folding bits of paper the wrong way and getting in a tizzy. Basically, I was thinking I could have the animals, in origami form, and deconstruct them to highlight their species loss. I also thought about the message, and through the deconstruction I could reveal the number of the species left/ transform the animal into the number. (I have no origami experience and it looks really complex.)


However, I could use what I've been using all along and focus on the face of the animal, made from paper. It could act as a puzzle, of sorts. So each piece is removed (much in the same way as the leaves move in the videos I posted earlier.) The number of could still be revealed, as the paper is moved/peeled/ripped. I need to experiment with all these potential processes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment