Thursday 25 November 2010

Dynamic Image: Words.

So I have decided I will go with the paper idea...its bright, eye-catching and memorable. But, I need to think about the wording I will use.

So I want the animals, as they peel away, to reveal the number left. But then I'm thinking I should include the species name. For example, the rhino is representing the javan rhino, but there are four other groups of rhino - which number should I choose, the specific number, or the whole species.

So I've decided that I will include:
Name
Number - with more emphasis on the number.
Same layout = continuity.

Then I thought about the style.
Hand drawn vs. Comp Type.

Computer Type would look more 'authentic' - i.e. would have more of an impact because it looks official. Hand made could look jokey, 'friendly', and not hard hitting enough.

So I will go with comp type.

My friend had the genius idea of making the type disappear like the animal.
I could do this by
Shrinking
Fading
Pulling out the letter in the same way as the image
Expanding
ETC

Expanding may give the wrong message. Shrinking sounds good, works in the same way as the image, but contrasts in movement.
By using comp type I could then play with it in After Effects.
I will need to look at the different ways of transforming the text.
(When I animate, I will keep the text static, then when all the image has gone, I will animate using AE.)

What I want to say:

Javan Rhino - 40

White Headed Langur - 59

South Chinese Tiger - 80



  • Bengal Tiger: 1411




  • Indochinese Tiger: 600 - 800 or less




  • South Chinese Tiger: 20 -30 in wild, 60 in capitvity




  • Siberian Tiger: Around 400




  • Sumatran Tiger: 300 - 350




  • Malayan Tiger: Less than 400




  • There are some tiger species that have died out completely. A hundred or so years ago there were well over 10,000 tigers.

    As of March 2010, there are just 3200 tigers left in the world.

     




  • I want to use hard hitting numbers, to make my point. After these numbers are revealed, I will say something like:
    "Its won't be long until these animals are erased/wiped out/extinct/lost etc
    How many more will follow?"

    I can work with the ending in AE.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment