Thursday 14 October 2010

Dynamic Word: POEM

Argh, so project at the moment is to put a poem into animation form -> Concrete Poetry <- Not only is the program I'm using driving me NUTS, I don't think what I've done is too good.

Project so far: - 



Its really difficult with the timing because it has to be as long as the poet reading it out, which is impossible if the words need to be legible. And I'm trying to include little things, like the emphasis on the 'o's and 'i's, as well as make it so its not obvious, yet exciting to look at! 

This is the first 3 stanzas, and the huge gaps between some of the sentences i.e. 'the rays of the sun to heat or cool her blood' indicates the break in the stanza (The poet said that he did the layout this way so reader assimilates the image of what the words are describing - I don't know if its working on screen, it looks a bit random.)

Its meant to go up for 'Illuminate Bath' festival as uni is helping organise it, but the more time I spend trying to get it done, the less I want people to look at it (which sucks because of crit tomorrow...funtimes.)

I'm using a program I've never really used before, so getting to grips with that is a project in itself!

=S

No comments:

Post a Comment