Thursday 21 October 2010

Dynamic Word: Changes

I need to rework some areas so it flowed a bit better - smoother movements, fade better etc.
I basically wanted the words to move/ act/ portray whatever they were saying so the 'o' expanding in 'shock' representing the associated facial expression of being shocked:-




So with the 'waved wings' part of the poem, I got the sentence of the stanza to wave, as if bird's wings. But after the crit I had, I found that it would be better, and still would work, if the moment was slowed down and flapped only once.
As for the expanding 'o' it covers the words as they 'fly' past and this might make it a bit difficult for people to read them. So fading the 'o' so it is still visible and gets point across but also means the flying words are visible would be a much better way of achieving my initial idea.
At times, I fade the 'I''s out. To add continuity I need to make them a focus point - all the same, make them all fade out. Sam Drew said how the 'i' and 'o' of the poem, when he reads them, are the most dominate sounds, hence the emphasis through the size of the letters. So by changing all the 'I's to the same animation/movement would make the sound impact the viewer but also emphasize the idea of the sound being dominant etc.
I also need to look at the fading in  and out - slowing down so the words can be read in time, i.e 3-4 frames before going onto the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment